Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Goodbye Main Street!

I went over to the farm today to see the damage for myself. The entire south side of Main Street up to the Grill has been leveled. It looks like Deadwood Dick's grave is the only survivor. The Grill is currently still standing and looked to be open. And now for the photographic evidence.

Construction wall as seen from the entrance

Construction wall looking back up Main Street.


Peeking over the wall, looking East. You can see Deadwood Dick's grave in the upper left.

Panning to the right

A little more to the right.



Full Right, That is the back wall of the Ghost Town Grill on the right hand side.

10 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Speechless....

Anonymous said...

Yuck! That's TERRIBLE. Many years of enjoyment and entertainment swiped away over night.

Chris Merritt said...

Wow - I just don't know what to say.

outsidetheberm said...

Thanks for the images - sad as they are (and not really a surprise). I'll cautiously peek through my fingers as we await what is to come...

Jay Jennings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TokyoMagic! said...

I am just sick! I don't think I will be able to look at this destruction in person. I would hope that there was some VERY good reason why these buildings HAD to come down and that they will be duplicated EXACTLY as they were. I am guessing that it's not very likely though. What about all those set pieces? Even though the shooting gallery/arcade game had been put into the Silver Dollar, it still had artifacts that had been there literally for decades. Shame on you, Cedar Fair! SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

Jay Jennings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

this is horribly TRAGIC

ItsNotAPlace said...

Every time I see these kinds of photos at Knott's, makes me glad and amazed that I even found my Great-Grandpa's clock and that it got out of there in relatively good shape! - FYI to anyone interested. The Dreger Clock is undergoing major renovation and could possibly be ready for the public to view again in April or May. I need to post some new updates on the site... way behind on that.

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

What part of "torn down" don't the PR people at Cedar Fair understand?

But don't worry, I'm sure they'll do an excellent job of rebuilding that stretch of Ghost Town . . . just like they did with the original jail last year!